Thumbnail Filmstrip of Leakdown Setting Tool for Mechanical Fuel Injecti Images
Professional Leakdown Tester for Hilborn-Enderle-Crower-Algon-Engler- Kinsler -Rons A MUST for any Mechanical Injection
-6AN and -8 AN fittings included
Check you barrel valve leakdown in order to set your idle .
Test Valves for accurate opening pressures
"A MUST HAVE for INJECTION TUNING"
Reads correctly : 30% =30% not backward like some others.
Quit guessing at your flow and leakdown!
A racer's must when it comes to Troubleshooting and Tuning your System!
Easily checks the following components:
*High-Speed Lean-Out Checks
*Cylinder Leak Down
Measure your leakdown and flow pressure with this gauge.
When setting up a mechanical injection, you need to set your leakdown percentage.
This gauge enables you to do just that!
You can check your opening pressure and cracking point of your bypass valves, secondary valves, and Hi Speed lean out valves.
This gauge is included in my Set Up Kit for setting up a Hilborn or Enderle Injection system.
Set up with #6 fitting #8 AN Fitting
With 18" hose with #6 and #8 fitting for Barrel Valve
Comes with male fittings to attach to Female #6AN and #8AN
How to use Alkydigger’s Leakdown Tester to set your Barrel Valve.
- Hook the outlet hose to your inlet fitting on your barrel valve.
- Cap off the other two Brass check valves.
- Put air hose with at least 100 psi on to the leakdown tester.
- Adjust the left gauge to exactly 100 psi.
- Read the right gauge for what you want the “Leakdown” to be.
- Make adjustments to the connector rod between the butterflies and barrel until you achieve the desired leakdown %.
Open and close several times – making sure that your left gauge did not wander off of 100 psi.
- If it did, then re adjust the leakdown percent until it is what you are trying to achieve.
- Richer ( more leakdown) slows the idle — Leaner ( less leakdown) speeds up the idle.
Call Alkydigger for suggested percentages for various combinations.
( Do not attempt to use leakdown testers made by Harbor Freight ) they last about one use most of the time .