Thumbnail Filmstrip of Milodon Small Block Chevy Injection ( Drives a fuel Pump) Images
Milodon SB Chevy Gear Drive
SB Chevy 265-283-301-302-305-327-350-400 Std. Height cam -
DOES drive a fuel pump
Even though Milodon Gear Drives are designed for ''All Out Competition'', they work equally well in another application, including Street. When installed properly, these units will virtually last indefinitely due to the wear and their overall brute strength. Cam timing accuracy and consistency are the key to accessing 100%of the cam's available power. A timing chain or an Floating type Gear Drive will not do the job under Blown, or High RPM conditions .
Milodon's professionally proven ''Fixed Idler Gear'' system is capable of maintaining the precise cam timing required to allow the release of this power. Cam timing adjustments are effortless to perform via the two piece cam gear and cam hub assembly that is accessible on the Full Cover Style Assembly through the removable billet cam cover. The adjustment is achieved by changing the position of the cam gear on the cam hub. A simple bolt-on procedure with no offset dowels or keys to mess with. Each movement is detailed on a provided chart which gives the exact position for the desired amount of advance or retard, once top dead center is found.
A professional style three gear unit, unlike a four gear type, does not rob any power from the engine to run. The billet steel gears mounted solidly to the block, will not and can not, allow the timing to vary, unlike a flexible belt or chain. These factors add up to increased horsepower output and higher RPM potential. Made in USA.
· It will make the same more power as when new, virtually indefinitely. Even on the street, it is almost immune to wear.
· Street or Strip, a Milodon fixed idler gear will make more power than a timing chain or a floating idler gear. ( Jackson or Chinese knock offs )
· It will keep the same cam timing you set, whether the engine is on the engine stand or at 10,000 rpm.
· Fixed idler, steel billet gears can not change, unlike all other flexible chain or belt drives.
· Allows precise camshaft degreeing using Milodon's adjustable bolt pattern cam gear and hub assembly.
· Incorporates a full cast aluminum front cover with a removable cam cover that allows quick and easy access to the cam gear for adjustments and cam removal.
· Mounts the fixed idler gear solidly into the main cover itself. This fixed idler system will fully compensate for any crank position, even if the block has been severely align bored, without any sacrifices.
· Uses positive cam end play adjustment and a three-piece roller bearing behind the cam gear to control cam movement, reduce power-robbing drag and stop block face wear.
· NO block machining is required. Hand tools are required to drill and ream the positioning dowel pin hole which, with care, can be done at home.
3 Bolt normal mounting, the 12250 Gear Drive will drive your fuel pump
We have the extensions available in : 2” 3” 4” 5” 6”
Milodon -gear drive assemblies are designed for all-out competition, but work equally well in any application. Highly recommended on Blown or Nitro engines. Their proven fixed idler-gear system is capable of maintaining consistent cam timing without siphoning off power, the way 4-gear types can. Timing changes are easy via Milodon's adjustable bolt-pattern cam gears and hub assemblies. Made for strength and durability, these gear drives will last indefinitely. They're available in a flat-cover style, 13200 which uses a stock-type water pump, or an injected/blown style, which doesn't use a stock type.