My Cart: 0 item(s)
Thumbnail Filmstrip of Distributor - Ford 289/302 Ready-To-Run Distributor Images
Easy as 1,2,3… The MSD Black Ready-to-Run distributor line makes adding big ignition power and stealthy good looks to your Chevy, Ford or Chrysler a snap. With no ignition box needed, connect 3 wires and you’re “Ready-To-Run”.
MSD’s Ready-to-Run Ford Distributors are the perfect upgrade for bulky DuraSpark systems or ancient breaker point models. These distributors come complete and ready-to-run. All you need to do is drop it in the engine, connect three wires and fire the engine. Each distributor features an ignition module that produces a powerful inductive spark to improve combustion of the fuel mixture resulting in quick starts, smooth idle and increased performance. The billet aluminum housings of these distributors are 5/8” smaller in diameter to accommodate induction setups and tight engine compartments. A maintenance-free magnetic pickup is responsible for triggering the high voltage sparks while a sealed ball bearing guides an oversized shaft. Beneath the bolt down cap and MSD race rotor you’ll find MSD’s accurate mechanical advance assembly. Different advance springs and stop bushings are supplied so you can easily tune a curve to match your needs. Plus, there is a vacuum advance canister to increase economy on long drives. For protection, there is also an easy-to-set rev limiter!
- Now includes built-in Rev Limiter!
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect