Thumbnail Filmstrip of Jesel Belt Drive LS Chevy World Products WarHawk Images
JESEL Introduces Belt Drive for World Products Raised-Cam Small-Block Chevy
When World Products introduced its new raised-cam small-block Chevy at the 2012 PRI Show, JESEL’s Custom Shop had already prototyped and put into production a belt drive system part # KBD-31350. The World Products iron block features a .134” raised cam tunnel that combined with a 9.025” deck height provides room for a 4”-stroke crankshaft. It is available with lifter bores bushed for .904”-diameter lifters and is designed for a 50mm roller bearing cam. The JESEL belt drive system provides the missing link to put this potent engine package together.
JESEL, the innovator and leader in Camshaft Belt Drive technology CNC machines the mounting cover from 6061 billet aluminum fitted with a tensioning idler to compensate for the raised cam location. Other standard JESEL Belt Drive features include a Gates HTD high torque belt, high-vacuum Teflon cam and crank seals, externally adjustable cam timing and coated pulleys for wear resistance. A JESEL Zero-Thrust cam adapter assembly is optional to further reduce camshaft endplay.
Besides the JESEL Belt Drive advantages of super accurate cam timing, quick cam timing adjustments, and crank harmonic isolation, you can easily swap cams through the front cover without removing the oil pan – great for dyno testing and evaluating camshafts at the track.
- Includes a Gates HTD high torque belt, high-vacuum Teflon cam and crank seals, externally adjustable cam timing and coated pulleys for wear resistance.
- Provides the missing link to put this potent engine package together with a World Products raised-cam SBC
- JESEL Zero-Thrust cam adapter assembly is optional to further reduce camshaft endplay
- Provides super accurate cam timing, quick cam timing adjustments, and crank harmonic isolation
- Patented High Torq Drive™ reinforced belt operates dry and spins with less friction than timing chains or gear drives and also absorbs harmonics.
- Cam timing adjustment is made externally providing the easiest and most accurate tuning available.
- Teflon® coated high vacuum cam and crank seals.
- Crank Pulley is heat-treated steel and incorporates a High Torq Drive™ tooth configuration.
- Cam timing is externally adjustable
- Kit hardware is all Grade 8 Allen and Torx™ head design.
- 2 Piece Upper Pulley Design is infinitely adjustable ±10°.
- Solid Upper Pulley Design is adjustable ±8° in 2° increments.
- Hard coated Billet Aluminum Upper Pulley features patented High Torq Drive™ tooth configuration.
- Accessories available to run distributor drives, fuel pumps or oil pumps off front of cam.