How to use Alkydigger’s Leakdown Tester to set your Barrel Valve.
- Hook the outlet hose to your inlet fitting on your barrel valve.
- Cap off the other two Brass check valves.
- Put air hose with at least 100 psi on to the leakdown tester.
- Adjust the left gauge to exactly 100 psi.
- Read the right gauge for what you want the “Leakdown” to be.
- Make adjustments to the connector rod between the butterflies and barrel until you achieve the desired leakdown %.
- Open and close several times – making sure that your left gauge did not wander off of 100 psi.
- If it did, then re adjust the leakdown percent until it is what you are trying to achieve.
- Richer ( more leakdown) slows the idle — Leaner ( less leakdown) speeds up the idle.
Call Alkydigger for suggested percentages for various combinations.